When my boss asks me if I have any plans for the weekend, it takes a lot of will power not to say “Applying for other jobs.”
I don’t get it when I see articles that say “If you’re only going to read one thing today, read this.” Like, who only reads one thing a day?
War on the poor.
All I can say is…wow. Not a good feeling.
Officer Darren Wilson’s gofundme has more money donated than Michael Brown’s memorial fund. White privilege at it’s finest.
I don’t usually post about stuff like this, but please share this in hopes of more people donating to Michael Brown’s family. You can find the gofundme page: here.
are you fucking kidding me this guy is getting MORE MONEY for KILLING AN INNOCENT 17 YEAR OLD!!!!!!! AND HE IS ON A PAID LEAVE FOR THIS. He shouldn’t be receiving money at all. What the fuck America.
Why I don’t associate myself with the human race…
I just donated to the Michael Brown fund. Every little bit helps and it’s going to be used by his family on lawyers, his funeral cost, and travel expenses as they seek justice, consider donating if you can.
Once upon a time there was an ugly duckling who was teased for her appearance. Then one day, she realized that the problem wasn’t how she looked but how standards of beauty favor ducks and even though her adoptive parents meant well by “not seeing color,” they had ultimately done her a disservice by not educating themselves about duck privilege.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 67% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 53 commisioned officers —3 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. This is Not the first time Ferguson’s police have been heavy handed with it’s Black residents - Innocent Black man beaten by cops, then charged with bleeding on police officer’s uniforms
9. So please - don’t get it twisted